Gotham, a show ostensibly about Batman, is setting itself on the path to become Gotham, a show actually about Batman.
Two and a half seasons after his parents were murdered, Gotham’s lil’ Bruce is finally taking the steps people have been waiting for him to take ever since, leading into his transformation into the Dark Knight. About time, considering a bunch of his own future rogues gallery is already running around the city causing havoc, and have been for some time.
The revelation comes in a new TV spot for the show’s midseason return later this month, which features a robed Bruce sitting in some sort of monastery, being taught by an unnamed figure—not the show’s answer to Ra’s al Ghul, as Game of Thrones’ Alexander Siddig is taking on that role—to become Gotham’s protector. The show’s even rebranding the back half of the season to show this major change, going from “Mad City” to “Heroes Rise.”
While it’s unlikely we’ll never see the full fruits of Bruce’s labor until basically Gotham ends—because when Batman’s career begins, its purpose ultimately is done with—it’s nice to see that Bruce has finally gotten around to the thing people have been waiting to see him do for years. In the meantime, hopefully the show’s trademark batshit insanity will continue unabated while he’s away training.
Gotham returns April 24.
Get our newsletter
- Who makes processors for iPhone
- What is the favorite color of Jimin
- What are the uses of E coli
- What will the 2024 election look like
- How did Donald Trump graduate from Wharton
- Which are the highest earphone producing companies
- Is C good for competitive programing
- Worst Customer care service at Airtel
- Are all Chinese words one syllable
- What is the load of a motor
- What are some news sites without paywalls
- Can Kakashi use all 5 chakra natures
- How can I play another coc account
- Is Axe cruelty free
- How powerful is Lord Brahma
- Will antique furniture come back into style
- What is Praltrix